[VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Meteor scatter Sked Request

To: "222 >> 222Activity@groups.io" <222Activity@groups.io>, "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Meteor scatter Sked Request
From: David Olean <k1whs@metrocast.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 09:37:34 -0400
The Perseids  shower is upon us and I was hoping that I could run a few MS skeds with any 222 MHz ops who want to try.  I have two goals. The first is to run with anyone who is interested in trying something new and a bit out of their comfort zone.  All you need is about 100 watts and a maximum distance of maybe 1000 miles for a sked to get started at least.  The second goal for me  is to try a real long haul sked and push the limit of my setup here. I am in FN43mj in Maine.  I would love to run with ND0B during the peak. If you are over 1300 miles away and have a KW on 222, I would love to try.   The bottom line is I will try just about anything. ( As long as it appears legal so I won't get thrown in jail.)

My setup seems to be working very well these days. It consists of an 8877 PA and 1 5/8" coax to a quad array of specially tweaked 22 element K1FO design yagis at 100 ft. My horizon angle to the south & southwest is -0.4 degrees and out west it is at about 0.0 degrees.  The receiver consists of a tower mounted preamp into a run of 7/8" heliax down to a DEMI/Q5 Signal temperature compensated transverter. It seems to hear very well.

Please let me know if you are interested. The Perseids only comes around once a year. Lets take advantage of it.   I can do FSK441 or MSK144. I'll even do SSB for some great fun.

Dave K1WHS

SHACK Phone 207 608 5317