[VHFcontesting] Fw: Importing WSJT-X QSO Into Wintest

To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Fw: Importing WSJT-X QSO Into Wintest
From: peter hutter via VHFcontesting <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Aug 2023 22:55:45 +0000 (UTC)
I should mention that I use OmniRig for controlling com port sharing between
FT-991, WSJT-X, Wintest, and Auto Hot Key script using John's Perl script. It's
flawless.

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

   ----- Forwarded Message ----- From: "peter hutter via VHFcontesting"
<vhfcontesting@contesting.com> To: "vhfcontesting@contesting.com"
<vhfcontesting@contesting.com> Cc:  Sent: Tue, Aug 8, 2023 at 5:43 PM Subject:
[VHFcontesting] Importing WSJT-X QSO Into Wintest  John, N2NC has made a VERY
slick Perl script that integrates WSJT-X decoded messages with Wintest
contesting software for handling digital QSOs. All of the displayed information
inside the decode window of WSJT-X is differentiated by a unique color showing
needed calls, multipliers, and duplicates. No need to enter a call in the call
field of Wintest to see if it's a dupe, a needed contact and/or a multiplier.
It's completely automatic and we find it to perform better than N1MM. It's our
opinion that it works better.
Why do we use Wintest? Because we were raised on using CT back in the day and
we're HF contest junkies. Please read John's email below describing his script
last year.73, Peter
Delayed answer on N1MM alternatives.
At N2NT, we use Win-Test (http://www.win-test.com/).  I've written Perl and
AutoHotkey scripts to glue Win-Test and WSJT-X together.  It takes care of
coloring WSJT-X decodes -- greys out dupes and identifying new grids.
Once you have it all working, you just use WSJT-X as a standalone program and
the scripts take care of everything, like logging WSJT-X QSOS in WIn-Test..
It's much less cumbersome than N1MM to change between SSB/CW and digital.
You also have to figure out a way to share com ports between Win-Test and
WSJT-X.  We use K3's and transverters and can use N8LP's LP-Bridge program for
port sharing.  Other radios might work with VE3NEA's OmniRig.
Likely not much demand, but if anyone wants more details, contact me directly.
73,
John N2NC