Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Meteor scatter Sked Request

To: Chris Lumens <chris@lumensoutdoors.org>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] 222 MHz Meteor scatter Sked Request
From: Jeff Townsend WB8LYJ <wb8lyj@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 12:31:46 -0400
I will be out operating from some grids close to home starting Friday night the
11th.
I plan on operating from EM72, EM82, EM73, EM83, and EM74.

I will be 2m and 222 MSK144 plus 432 and 1296 FT8 or Q65.
Coordination will be on Slack VHF-Chat in the #fourlanders channel.

Order of the grids may vary.
On 222 gear is 100w to a YU7EF 14 element at about 30’.

Let me know if anyone needs any of these grids.

Here the shower rises about 9:30pm EST.
Elevation moves above 60 degrees at 5:45am EST.
Elevation drops below 60 degrees again at 9:00am.
The shower sets around 5:00pm EST.

Probably most of my operating will be from about shower rise until the middle
of the night somewhere.