Re: [VHFcontesting] My Proposal to the VUAC

To: "'VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] My Proposal to the VUAC
From: "Jim Forsyth" <mail@jimforsyth.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Mar 2009 14:34:57 -0700
From: "W0MU Mike Fatchett" <w0mu@w0mu.com>
Sent: Tuesday, March 17, 2009 2:00 PM
To: "'Marshall Williams'" <k5qe@sabinenet.com>; "'Kenneth E. Harker'"
<kenharker@kenharker.com>; "'VHF Contesting'" <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>

> Schedules and phones are fine but not in contests.  Would it be fair if
> you
> had the phone number of Joe in a grid square that we both needed but I
> didn't.

Is it fair if you have a shorter call sign than some.
Is it fair if I know a rovers schedule and you don't.
Is it fair if you speak faster than me.
Is it fair if you have a band opening and I don't
Is it fair if I run more power than you.
Is it fair if you have more bands than me.
Is it fair if I have a better location than you.
Is it fair if there are more hams in your area than mine.
is it fair if I have better antennas than you.
is it fair if you can stay awake longer than me.

If you make everything totally fair then everyone will end up with the same
score and there is no competition.

Jim, AF6O