Re: [VHFcontesting] My Proposal to the VUAC

To: "'Dustin'" <ke5clr@gmail.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] My Proposal to the VUAC
From: "Chet, N8RA" <chetsubaccount@snet.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 11:11:42 -0400
Right now there is nothing against a single op looking at WWV reports, tropo
maps or E's maps to determine if a band might he "open".

What is not allowed for a single op (unassisted) is getting external
assistance during the contest that names specific calls, and frequencies,
like from a spotting/packet network, prop logger page, or buddy. It does not
matter how that info is transmitted to you, whether internet, packet radio,
cell phone, cans with a string, or someone stopping on your frequency to
tell you about someone else.

In contests that have assisted classes, then if in one of those classes, you
can accept external spotting info that is publically available, but
non-radio means of arranging contacts during the contest is still not
permitted.

A casual op could do any of the above, there is nothing wrong with that, he
would just not be in conformance with the rules for the particular game
being played, so is not a contender for the official results. If he really
wanted to be in that game, then he'd be expected to follow the game's rules.

73
Chet, N8RA