Re: [VHFcontesting] controversy

To: kr7o@vhfdx.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] controversy
From: Jerry Siegmund <jer.sieg@shaw.ca>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 12:41:32 -0600
Yes.. Rules are Rules.. and with them come Controversy and also Loop
Holes.  I acquired the Call Sign VE6JEE that I planned on using
/portable in my Jeep. (VE6Jee/p.. kinda cute, eh!)   What I was
intending to do, was 'Against the Rules'! (for a Contest anyways!)
I was planning on using the Call VE6Jee/p, 150W on 6M and 150W on 2M,
entering SOLP, and Run from DN49 the first day, then moving South to
DN48 Day Two!  Two Rare Grids that I am Sure Many would appreciate!
Well.. in my plans.. I was 'Breaking Three' Rules..
*1. Portable Stations can only use 10W ! (I was 150W on Both Bands)
2. SOLP Stations cannot Move to another Grid Square !
(I was Roving while signing /p while entering SOLP!)
3. Rovers must Sign /R (VE6Jee/r just doesn't have the same Ring to it,
now does it!)
*I was told I could enter 'Unlimited Rover' and I would be fine.. but I
still had to sign /R.. I could always change my name to Jeer' I guess!
Nah.. I will plan All my /p Op's for a Non Contest setting.. Still
activate those Grids..
But.. Those are the Rules.. so I will abide by them.. Not saying I
agree.. But, Rules are Rules, eh!
*Jerry VE6CPP VE6Jee/p*
p.s. Can we End this Soon.. My e-mail is getting to be inundated with
'He Cheated, I Lost, Sniff.., etc.. LOL