Re: [VHFcontesting] controversy

To: <k4gun@comcast.net>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] controversy
From: frank bechdoldt <k3uhf@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jul 2008 08:30:08 -0700
I havent played under the new rules and thats a gas price vs rewards issue.

Howevr on my best rove I worked 180 unique stations in the pacific northwest,
for 600-700 qsos. I worked one rover about 35 times, another about 17 times and
a couple of others five or six times.  I activated 15 grids and actually worked
One  well equiped fixed staion about 60 times and a few other ones 20-30 times.

In this case my single highest rover to rovr rate came close to 5 percent while
a well equiped/ well manned multi op station was near 10 percent and some home
players were 3 percent each.

Sometimes I post a route, I gave up on times because it's not my thing and I
quite often change routes due to issues like road construction, getting lost,
breaking antennas ect....

I think 10 percent to any one station as a rover is enough and I wouldnt
penalize a home station for working a rover beyond 10 percent on thier end,
They have to take what they can get when they live in remote areas.

ok check my spelling and get back to me.

k3uhf

From: k4gun@comcast.netTo: k3uhf@hotmail.com;
vhfcontesting@contesting.comSubject: Re: [VHFcontesting] controversyDate: Sat,
26 Jul 2008 14:28:48 +0000
Perhaps it would help to get an idea what other rovers are doing as far as
contacts with other rovers.  In June, I made 251 QSOs.  Of those, 13 were with
other rovers.  This was as a Limited Rover.  That's just over 5% of my total
QSO count.

I would be very curious to hear what the others are doing.  Those of you who
have more experience than me, what is the absolute maximum number of times you
could imagine contacting other rovers without going as part of a group?  What
is your log showing?  Is it 10 to 20 percent?  Am I low?

Steve
K4GUN/R

-------------- Original message -------------- From: frank bechdoldt
<k3uhf@hotmail.com> > > contriversy is generated by a typo while controversy is
often caused by doing > things in the gray areas to achieve a personal gain in
such a way others would > not. > > Its also generated when several reasonable
people think something may not be > reasonable there hasn't been a complaint or
discussion on here about towers too > tall antennas too long ect.... > > Again
a undocumented rover may not be much different than a captive rover except >
the undocumented rover has no papers turned in but was heard by others while a
> captive rover may be heard by few and turns in papers. > > There are some
ways to top the controversy of those who gone before us to put up > an larger
and more contr oversial score in some other fashion. Like haveing a > van of
guys follow you with gear and set up as potable staions for a few minutes > so
they can activate the square youe are visiting or circling.
  Would that be > controversial? Or just a hole in the rules? A win is a win
right? > > > > > > >