Re: [VHFcontesting] Controversy

To: <k4gun@comcast.net>, <w4txs@yahoo.com>, <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Controversy
From: "John Geiger" <aa5jg@lcisp.com>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 15:34:40 -0000
From: <k4gun@comcast.net>
>point differential within the fixed stations.  Again though, >the fixed
stations are not operating as teams.

How do you know this?  There is plenty of team contesting at the HF level
(NAQP, NAspring, etc) how do you know it doesn't occur at VHF?

>  When a SOLP has double the points of the 2nd place >guy, its because he
has better antennas, better gear, >better location, more devotion to stay up
late, better >operating skills and more modes than the other guys.  >He's
better because he does the things an amateur >should be rewarded for.  Its
not because he operates in >conjunction with other amateurs.

Again, how do you know this?  Plenty of ops make pre-arranged sked for a
contest.  And if we don't operate in conjunction with other amateurs,
everyone of us would have a score of 0.  It takes 2 amateurs to have a QSO.

> I also want to reiterate that I don't begrudge the >individuals.  They are
following the rules.  They violated >the spirit of them, but stayed well
within the letter.

And what is "the spirit of the rules?"

73s John AA5JG