Re: [VHFcontesting] internet contest

To: jcplatt1@mmm.com, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] internet contest
From: Ron Klimas WZ1V <wz1v@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2008 10:32:17 -0500
Jon: Well thank you, and it's nice to hear from you.
I can tell you that single-ops (unassisted) are actively spotting
themselves and making skeds on PJ. That don't seem right! I remember when
PJ was fairly new, I put the question of it's use to someone at the league
and was told it could be used to exchange info on an existing pre-arranged
sked. Like QSYing away from a birdie, or "Jim I'm running a few minutes
late". I don't think that person yet realized what PJ really was. Maybe
that's why the confusion.

Ok on the new assisted class for EME. Maybe they need a quasi-assisted
Single-Op class for the VHF Contests. Yes, on the APRS thing, that is a
good idea. I don't agree that it's a form of spotting. It sure is useful to
know if the rover you have a sked with is late getting to his destination
(or early). I don't see anything wrong with that.
-73, Ron WZ1V