Re: [VHFcontesting] More Rules = More Controversy - Again

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] More Rules = More Controversy - Again
From: Neil & Heather Goodell <neil.goodell@verizon.net>
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2007 18:39:16 -0500
"Bruce,
  I too hoped that a Single-Op Rover would have been one of the new
categories.  I feel that it would have gone a long way to level the playing
field in the old rover category, potentially <_increasing the interest in_
_contest participation_> as a Rover and _lessening the impact of the multi-op_
_pack rover_ situation.  Maybe next time?

   I also see the Limited Rover category potentially reducing the number of
bands that some rovers take out with them (especially those rovers that only
have 5 or 6 bands).  I can see some rovers leaving the 1296 equipment at
home and joining the Limited class.  _The rules should foster increasing the_
_number of bands that rovers use_ for all to benefit.
73
Mike WB8BZK still /R"

 _Exactly !_

<You've got to be kidding me. Obviously, you do what you feel is best for you,
but the new roving rules are fantastic!>

Great, You can have all my  "/R" qso's, enjoy !

AE1P