Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 09:47:25 -0800 (PST)
From: "Jimk8mr@aol.com" Jimk8mr@aol.com

I have asked various people at ARRL why  it exists, and have never received an
answer.
---------------------------

Jim,
Interestingly, a couple of years ago, we were polled by the ARRL for our
opinions on several vhf contest rules issues.  I started one of my comments
with a phrase similar to what you said above...

"Now would be a good time to go rule-by-rule and ask "why?" so as to avoid
layering more rules and beurocracy on top of unecessary other rules and
beurocracy."  It is something that I do professionally with my staff yearly.
It results in continuous improvement.

I suspect that the ARRL suffers from organizational momentum taking them in
other directions and lack of staff-time more than anything else.  I can't blame
them.

Ev, W2EV