Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]

To: k7cw@yahoo.com, kb7dqh@donobi.net, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]
From: Jimk8mr@aol.com
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 11:57:13 EST

In a message dated 11/8/2006 1:51:13 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
k7cw@yahoo.com writes:

I was  contacted by the ARRL contest desk and told that
I could not enter two logs  due to the rule that states
that a competitor may enter only one log in a  contest.
I was forced to withdraw one of the logs.

_---------------------

Although not especially significant, this is perhaps the most stupid rule  in
all the ARRL VHF contests.  I have asked various people at ARRL why  it
exists, and have never received an answer.  I suspect it may date back  to a
time
when there were single band categories, though I am not sure  about that.

This past weekend I operated CW SS from four different stations, N8TR,  AC8E,
K8AZ, and my own.  I have done this for a number of years, with all  the logs
gladly accepted.  Nobody has ever complained about extra qsos I  provided
them.

It would certainly help the VHF contests if I were to operate from any of
these stations, none of which are VHF guys.  So why do the rules prohibit
multiple entries?

73  -  Jim  K8MR