Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]
From: Paul Kiesel <k7cw@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 10:29:43 -0800 (PST)
That's only partly true. The ARRL contest desk was
inundated by multiple entries from guys travelling to
grids to give points to their friends in contests. I
was one of them. I was a rogue. One contest, I visited
DM82, DM81, DM92, DM91, DM83 and DM93 just to give
WI5Q contacts on 1296. I sent these in as separate
entries because there was no other way to allow WI5Q
to have credit for all six grids. It was shortly after
that that the rover category was created. I believe
that a lot of the problems introduced via the rover
rules were as a result of the ARRL contest desk having
direct influence on the creation of those rules.

Paul

--- "Kenneth E. Harker" <kenharker@kenharker.com>