Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]

To: vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] [Roving...]
From: Ev Tupis <w2ev@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2006 05:30:15 -0800 (PST)
From: Paul Kiesel k7cw@yahoo.com

So, I asked him what the difference was between K7CW/VE7 and VE7RCW. They're
both legal calls in Canada. I get clipped if I use one of them and passed if I
use the other.
---------------------------

Hi Paul,
Though I'm neither an ARRL staffer nor any voice of authority when it comes to
ARRL matters, I believe that this issue is that of "manufacturing contacts".
Allowing you to use a different callsign has the unintended secondary effect of
allowing you to re-contact others for contest credit.  The DX station doesn't
know that you are the same station, after all. :)  Because you started out
using K7CW, then K7CW/VE7 is consistant with event objectives.  Had you started
out using VE7RCW/W7, then you would have needed to use VE7RCW when in Canada.

Regards,
Ev, W2EV