Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers: Your battery choice is...???

To: Bill Burgess <ve3cru@rac.ca>, vhfcontesting@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] Rovers: Your battery choice is...???
From: Ken Alexander <k.alexander@rogers.com>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 09:30:44 -0400 (EDT)
I use two deep cycle marine batteries I got from
Canadian Tire (Nautilus brand name).  I think one is
75 Ah and the other is 65.  The 75 powers my
transceiver and the 65 powers my 432 MHz 100 W brick.
I have yet to run out of juice during a weekend
contest, although my level of operation isn't as
strenuous as others.

The price for the 75 Ah was about $65.  That's all I
remember.

73,

Ken Alexander, VE3HLS
www.ve3hls.com