[VHFcontesting] Rovers: Your battery choice is...???

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: [VHFcontesting] Rovers: Your battery choice is...???
From: "Bill Burgess" <ve3cru@rac.ca>
Date: Fri, 2 Sep 2005 08:31:49 -0400
Greetings,

As another rovering opportunity is now on the horizon, I am interested in
knowing about the rovers choice of batteries for powering rigs, if separate
from the vehicle battery.

Prime choices are the sealed lead acid battery and the deep cycle battery.  The
usual car battery is also available too.  I have in the past used a generator,
and more recent ran off sealed lead acid 28 amp batteries too, having 6 of
them.

Please post your choice of battery and the benefits you find in using it.
Thanks.

73,

Bill   VE3CRU/R

Email: ve3cru@rac.ca