Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?

To: <vhfcontesting@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [VHFcontesting] ARRL kills VHF, Should we let them?
From: "James Hayes" <jhayes9424@charter.net>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 13:55:00 -0400
QUESTION:
Regarding this recent thread...why should we let them? Aren't  there are
other  groups out there that could support our VHF contesting efforts? Why
not try and solicit them?
Other than that why not email everyone we know who does the VHF contesting
and have them email the h#$@ our of the ARRL until the take notice that we
don't want our fun to go away.
Ya know...politics really suck the life out of all of us, but it shouldn't
be a part of amateur radio in any form except to work as a liason between us
and the FCC. I get so tired of everyone whining about this cause and that
cause using 'political correctness' as an excuse to get stupid bills passed
that won't do anyone any good...like Megan's Law, I can't see where one
person has been saved or even warned about those predators.
I guess what I'm trying to say is we all have to make our voices heard, as
they are ELECTED OFFICIALS aren't they? And as elected officials they are
supposed to do as we recommend. Because without US there IS no Amateur
Radio. Lets stay a band of brothers and sisters, "...united we stand divided
we fall."
Anyway, enough said for this round...what are your views, comments
questions, flames etc???

Jim, N2YEV
FN34gs, Plattsburgh, NY
Six Club #1663, SMIRK #6480