Re: [TowerTalk] Junk Coonectors (was Re: How lossy are PL-259s at HF?)

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Junk Coonectors (was Re: How lossy are PL-259s at HF?)
From: john simmons <jasimmons@pinewooddata.com>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 12:05:31 +0000
Oh boy! The 'solder vs crimp' rears its ugly head once again!

I'll feed the fire:

Amphenol 82-202-RFG and p/n 82-312 N plug installation specifies *CLAMPING* the
braid

CommScope (Andrew) N connector for LDF4-50A: Inner contact attachment method:
Captivated; Outer contact attachment method: Ring-flare

RF Industries RFU-502-H1 and RFU-520-H1 UHF connectors for Heliax: "Slip the
cable center conductor into connector inner conductor inside the outer body.
Make certain connector is straight, i.e., square to flared outer conductor
thread outer body onto clamping nut and tighten."

73
-de "Curly" John NI0K
QRZ.com<https://www.qrz.com/db/ni0k>
Hamshack Hotline<https://hamshackhotline.com/> call me: 6100271