Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Posts

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Guy Posts
From: Wes <wes_n7ws@triconet.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Jun 2024 08:01:05 -0700
I once owned a Tristao crankup tower that was six 10-foot sections and designed to be guyed.  There were loose metal stops to be installed on the top rung of each section as it was cranked up.  When the tower was full extended the cable was relaxed and the sections settled on the one below. Nice in theory but it assumed that the sections extended one at a time, keeping things within arm's each.  I never installed the whole thing, just the bottom three sections, unguyed with my EME antenna on top.

Wes  N7WS