[TowerTalk] Guy Posts

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Guy Posts
From: "Kurt Cathcart, KR2C" <Kurt@KuhlRoad.net>
Date: Tue, 18 Jun 2024 10:33:07 -0400
Hello all

I'm planning an installation of a guyed 50' aluminum crank up tower.  As per the manufactured, they guy anchor point would be 40' from the  tower.  As per the wife, this would be too intrusive into the yard.

My thought would to be using guy posts to anchor the guys to. The idea would be create a foundation with a heavy pipe in the ground that would move the anchor points closer to the tower. Would any of you have experience with this? If so, what do I need to know going in?  Bad idea?

-Kurt, KR2C