Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Fwd: MFJ QRT on May 17, 2024
From: Lloyd Curry <lloyd.na4d@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2024 15:58:36 -0400
I have achieved top of the honor roll using CW and SSB. I am within 3
entities having DXCC on 6 meters. As in HF, I want to finish this up using
the old modes. FT8 has ruined my fun on the magic band and finding new
entities has become more and more difficult. I also need about 20 grids to
finish 2 meter VUCC and they, too, are getting hard to find, partly because
of FT8. I wish the ARRL and CQ Magazine etc...would create digital contests
and leave this mode off the old contests like the June VHf contest. I am
glad many of you like FT8 but many of us feel it has really taken
the enthusiasm out of our radio activities.

<#DAB4FAD8-2DD7-40BB-A1B8-4E2AA1F9FDF2>

On Sun, Apr 28, 2024 at 2:31 PM Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com> wrote:

> On 4/28/2024 7:03 AM, Mike Fatchett W0MU wrote:
> > Why does there have to be so much hate for people doing a legal ham
> > radio activity?  Do you get his name, resume and weather report working
> > dx pileups or contests?  Nope.  I guess that is not ham radio either.
> > Did he/she discuss all their health issues? Nope.  Sorry not a real
> > contact. Satellite, I guess that is not a real QSO either.  Use a code
> > reader... Sorry no good.  What else?
>
> Right on, brother!  I've been primarily a CW op since 1956. At least a
> couple of decades ago, I got bored to death with ragchewing in any mode,
> except for conversation on our club repeater about projects we were
> involved with.
>
> To me, ham radio is about RADIO. Station building, antennas, rigs,
> understanding propagation. On the air, I'm mostly contesting,
> occasionally picking up new band countries. I've been having a lot of
> fun on 60M FT8. It's 100W EIRP in the US, I'm loading an 80M dipole. 90
> countries worked, 84 confirmed, LOTW only.
>
> 73, Jim K9YC

Lloyd C. Curry
Amateur Radio NA4D
Greensburg, KY

I'm so nice I wish I had a friend just like me.