Re: [TowerTalk] More Radials = Higher SWR???

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More Radials = Higher SWR???
From: Jan Erik Holm via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Feb 2023 19:03:42 +0100
Or stub matching / SM2EKM

Den 2023-02-06 kl. 17:41, skrev john@kk9a.com:
You can also match the impedance using a hairpin match.

John KK9A

Michael Tope W4EF wrote:
Dennis,

Once you figure out what your impedance converges to as you add more
radials, you might be able to bring the VSWR back down to something more
acceptable with an Unun transformer. I have a 55ft top-loaded vertical
for 160 meters. The feedpoint impedance with a dense radial field is
about 12 ohms (VSWR > 4:1).  With a 4:1 Unun transformer, the VSWR
improves to 1.1:1 at around 1830 KHz. The 2:1 VSWR bandwidth is about
~50 KHz. I got the unit I have from Balun Designs.

73, Mike W4EF...............