Re: [TowerTalk] More Radials = Higher SWR???

To: towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>, K8LX <lists@oakcom.org>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] More Radials = Higher SWR???
From: Wes Stewart via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 23:10:20 +0000 (UTC)
 I have an original N2PK VNA, a Rig Expert AA-55 Zoom VIA, a DG8SA VNWA and a
DG5MK FA-VA5 VIA.
For field use, if you can get by operating a fairly complicated instrument with
just three buttons, the latter is the best of the bunch IMHO.

1)  It is very portable2)  It can be OSL calibrated over its full frequency
range one time (similar to a master cal in the DG8SAQ)3)  It displays SWR,
Smith Chart and tabular values.
4)  Multiple measurements can be saved and imported via USB to the VMWA
software, which is amazing.
5)  It can be a "test head" operated with the VNWA software.6)  And not least,
you can read the display in sunlight, although this is a time when I need my
bifocals.
Wes  N7WS

    On Wednesday, February 8, 2023 at 03:36:55 PM MST, K8LX <lists@oakcom.org>