Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or
From: <marko.n5zo@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 16:47:11 -0700
I have used such quarter wave top fed sloper on 160 for some years now.
Tower, 89 ft UST HD crank up (which is never all the way extended) is on
elevated pad.  Other end of sloper is tied to rope from stake on ground.
End of it is maybe 20 ft up from ground there.  I could never  get the
sloping wire to tune, so I'm sure there is some interference from tower as
sections are not so clearly connected.  But antenna works quite well with
NYE Viking tuner on it on coax down at ground level.  Same tuner setting
works for all portions of bands I would operate.  I don't work real DX with
it much but then on 160 from CA East coast is kind DX already.  I have
occasionally received some comments from people who said I had good signal
on 160 and asked what I was using here.  Hearing is another thing.
73 de Marko N5ZO
Message: 7