Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2022 14:01:25 -0700
On 8/12/2022 1:41 PM, S57AD wrote:
How about a sloping dipole, Stephen? Upper half at 30° to the tower and
bottom half 30° from the ground , in the shape of extended V. I had
excellent experiences with such a dipole...

If the tower is provided with a lot of on-ground radials, it can act as an efficient reflector, providing a few dB of gain in the direction of the slope. I've successfully done that with 160M wires sloping in opposing directions from the 120 tower that holds Yagis for HF and 6M. They are insulated from the tower and fed one at a time at their base against four radials about 20 ft. I have six on-ground 100 ft radials on the tower.

73, Jim K9YC