Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or

To: STEPHEN L SALA <k7awb@msn.com>, S57AD <mirko.s57ad@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80 meter vertical or
From: n1bkb--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2022 17:06:22 +0000 (UTC)
 I agree on the sloping dipole as a MUCH easier solution. You might want to
consider using a ZS6BKW antenna installed as a sloper. I used one in that
configuration for over a decade with the top at 75' and was constantly amazed
at how well it worked, especially considering it cost less than $80 back when I
bought it. It's 92'' long with coverage from 80m thru 6m and a tuner is only
required on 80m & 15m.  It's only unique requirement is that the 450-ohm ladder
line connection needs to be fed with at least 100' of coax as a matching
element to its function.
73, Steve - N1BKB

    On Friday, August 12, 2022 at 01:41:28 PM PDT, S57AD