Re: Topband: NCC-2 antenna pattern?

To: Kenny Silverman <kenny.k2kw@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: NCC-2 antenna pattern?
From: Tree <tree@kkn.net>
Date: Sat, 16 Dec 2023 18:20:20 -0800
I am not sure "predictable" is one of the attributes I would use when using
one of these devices.

Really - the real benefit of them is to annihilate a local noise source.  I
remember getting a really deep null (50 db) on a station that was about 1
mile away with a similar device.

I did spend some time trying to peak a specific DX station by playing
around with the knobs - but never really felt like anything was
"predictable".

Just my experience.  Was using mostly the JPS ANC-4 back in the day or the
MFJ-1026 more recently.  Perhaps the NCC-2 is a bit more refined and the
settings have enough calibration to produce reproducible and desirable
patterns.  Obviously using two antennas spaced like 1/8 or 1/4 wavelength
apart will help.

Tree N6TR