Re: Topband: Phased Short Beverages

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Phased Short Beverages
From: Fred Moeves <fmoeves@twc.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2021 14:14:59 -0500
I resent this from my PC...
For some reason when I send email to this reflector it takes out all spacing in
my text.
Makes it hard to read...

Frank,
Thanks for help.
The property is on a slope that dumps into a creek then back up another slope.
I don't think a 4 square would work i these conditions.

I was surprised how well the short Beverages worked out.
But wanted to try to do better.

Last summer I was able to get up a 580' Beverage but it was bent to fit my lot.
I just started using it and then i noticed the signal dropped.
I checked the antenna and some critter chewed up the feedline.
I replaced and it and it was quickly chewed up again.
I didn't have enough time to evaluate it to see if it was even worth the effort.

I may try again this summer but it had a pretty severe bend in it.
I have considered the NCC-2Thanks again for the suggestions.
73
Fred KB4QZH