Re: Topband: I need help proofing an Inverted L model I made please. 40

Subject: Re: Topband: I need help proofing an Inverted L model I made please. 40’ x 143’, four 100’ radials, #14 wire.
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Dec 2020 00:14:06 -0700
Yes, Mark, N5OT go back a long way, 80's or so.

At my QTH, Arizona high desert 4800ft, the soil is very non-conductive -
typically dry shale and small rocks, it's called Caleche. We have very
little rain, about 10" - 12" per year. Humidity very seldom goes above 30%,
and temps in the summer are in the 90's. The first 6" of soil can be dug
with a shovel, but below that it takes a backhoe further. The ground  below
2ft has probably not seen water since it was laid down eons ago.

With said, I believe my ground absorption is very high so I feel the higher
numbers of radials helps greatly with my vertical efficiency and radiation.

Ray,
N6VR/W7YA