Re: Topband: I need help proofing an Inverted L model I made please. 40

To: Jim K9YC Brown ham radio groups io <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: I need help proofing an Inverted L model I made please. 40’ x 143’, four 100’ radials, #14 wire.
From: "wi6x.73@gmail.com" <wi6x.73@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Dec 2020 20:51:11 -0800
Thank you everyone.

The radials as modeled have End1 Ground connection and no End 2 connection.
Should they be connected to another wire?

             --------------- WIRES ---------------

No.          End 1   Coord. (ft)              End 2   Coord. (ft)       Dia
(in)  Segs        Insulation
     Conn.      X       Y       Z     Conn.      X       Y       Z
           Diel C  Thk(in)
1       GND        0,      0,      0    W2E1        0,      0,     40       #14
  17          1        0
2      W1E2        0,      0,     40              143,      0,     40       #14
  17          1        0
3       GND        0,      0,      0                0,   -100,      1       #14
  17          1        0
4       GND        0,      0,      0                0,    100,      1       #14
  17          1        0
5       GND        0,      0,      0             -100,      0,      1       #14
  17          1        0
6       GND        0,      0,      0              100,      0,      1       #14
  17          1        0

I have a field of 100+ 70’ to 20’ #14 wire radials under my lawn that I will
use. I stopped inputing radials in the model at four radials when my numbers
seemed off. I’m using EZNEC Ver. 6 (NEC-4).

I do not have room for proper elevated radials. I only have room to elevate
about six, and they could only be about 5’ above ground.

I used Jim K9YC’s Pacificon 160 on Small Lots slideshow to get started with
this antenna and his cookbook for the balun. Thanks!!!!!

FCC’s ground conductivity map indicates 15 millimhos per meter, and I’m on
predominantly clay soil.

Transmission line is 75’ of RG213, so it is not an issue.

Thanks again for helping.

Jim WI6X