Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure

To: "Paul Christensen" <w9ac@arrl.net>
Subject: Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure
From: <k3ky@radioprism.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 21:35:39 -0700
That's a great suggestion, Paul. Very constructive. Assuming such a
transfer from the federal government could be implemented, funding
would be needed. So if the worst happens and these stations do
indeed end up on the chopping block it might be a lot less an uphill
battle to get hams and other incumbent users involved in a long term,
sustainable funding scheme. I would personally support such an
arrangement, within my limited means. It might take a lot of
supporters to pull it off, but somehow I doubt that number would come
*anywhere* near 100,000 individuals.

Despite aspersions to the contrary, I *do* 'get it', and would sorely
miss all those NIST services here. I guess some in our group fancy
themselves mind readers? (grin)

73, David K3KY