Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure

To: topband <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: OT - US Hams, WWV closure
From: donovanf@starpower.net
Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2018 17:43:17 -0400 (EDT)
Hi Hank,
This is an exact quote from page NIST 25 of the proposed FY2019 NIST budget:
< www.osec.doc.gov/bmi/budget/FY19CBJ/NIST_and_NTIS_FY2019_President
's_Budget_for_508_comp.pdf>
"NIST will discontinue the dissemination of the U.S. time and frequency via the
NIST radio stations in Hawaii and Ft. Collins, CO. These radio stations
transmit signals that are used to synchronize consumer electronic products like
wall clocks, clock radios, and wristwatches, and may be used in other
applications like appliances, cameras, and irrigation controllers."
73
Frank
W3LPL