Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores

To: 'TopBand' <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2014 11:47:01 -0700
When you think about it, FT-240-31 is easier to know "Ferrite, Toroid, 2.4" OD material
#31" is a lot easier to remember than "2631803802"

Hmmm. The part numbers are in Appendix One of my tutorial, which also lists known good vendors. Part numbers are also easy to find in Fair-Rite's excellent on-line catalog. But I guess that someone who is too mentally lazy to look those up deserves to be ripped off. Just like someone who doesn't want to be bothered studying the ARRL Handbook or ARRL Antenna book to learn how antennas work deserves to be ripped off by those selling "magic" solutions.

73, Jim K9YC