Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores

To: "jim@audiosystemsgroup.com" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Ferrite Cores
From: Bill Wichers <billw@waveform.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2014 18:34:39 +0000
I don't think it was entirely a "scam" on the part of Amidon. When you think
about it, FT-240-31 is easier to know "Ferrite, Toroid, 2.4" OD material #31"
is a lot easier to remember than "2631803802" :-) Similar in concept to using
channel numbers for TV instead of frequency assignments -- it makes it easier
on the users/viewers.

  -Bill