Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure contiunued

To: "'Tom W8JI'" <w8ji@w8ji.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: DX-100 adventure contiunued
From: "Charlie Cunningham" <charlie-cunningham@nc.rr.com>
Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2014 17:19:22 -0500
Well, here in Raleigh, I've seen it go a good bit more than 5% high at
night. Still, I wonder if Bill could just put some higher voltage
electrolytics in there, tune for "maximum smoke" and "let 'er rip" - and
count on the key-down sag to keep the 6146s safe? ( Maybe I spent too many
years around electric  utilities) I  think that +/- 5% guideline is honored
more in the breach  than in the observance.  In the  meter business "480
high-line" was 530 VAC!

73,
Charlie.K4OTV