Re: Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo bettathanshorterversions??

To: <topband@contesting.com>, "Lennart M" <lennart.michaelsson@telia.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: 5/8 wavelength vertical is mo bettathanshorterversions??
From: "Bruce" <k1fz@myfairpoint.net>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 14:31:12 -0700
Hi Len,

Sounds like you are using a TCI 4x4 curtain or equivalent. Late 1980's -early 1990's, was able to open dead bands at times with 100 watts power with one of these at my work site..

73
Bruce-K1FZ

Try whatever you can put up into the sky and remember: This is just a hobby. ( I have been working enormous amounts of JA:s on 40 running low (2KW) power
and using curtain (+23 dBi) antennas, no joy in the long run)
73
Len
BIC
Topband Reflector