Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna

To: topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna
From: Buck wh7dx <wh7dx@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2012 20:07:03 -1000
Tonight right after sunset I heard AA0RS in Colorado for sure.  He popped up on
the cluster right then.   (I need to learn CW).

He was 5-5 on LSB but only 5-1 on CW.   I was surprised I couldn't hear him
that strong on CW because he was loud and clear on LSB.  That's pretty unusual?

I believe I also had N2RK in NY before.. not positive.

I could just faintly hear the DK station.  If I didn't see the cluster I
wouldn't have known.

My grey line is Africa/Russia.

Does it seem like my low altitude dipole is working ok.   Colorado is 3300
miles to the NE and my dipole is NE / SW with another 450ft of hill right
behind me over the NE.

I read that the dipole also radiates right off the ends outward.

LY7M     AA0RS  1827.0  339     0412z 09 Nov
RA4LW    AA0RS  1827.0  339hr at my SR  0401z 09 Nov
SV3RF    AA0RS  1827.0  cq      0359z 09 Nov
DK2CH    DK2CH  1839.5  cq on BPSK31    0356z 09 Nov
RK4FL    LY7M   1832.0  [LoTW] CQing    0332z 09 Nov
RA4LW    LY7M   1832.0  [LoTW] cqn      0330z 09 Nov
LY7M     S57S   1823.1  [LoTW] cq       0317z 09 Nov
RA4LW    N2RK   1831.2  cq machine      0310z 09 Nov
RA4LW    N2RK   1831.2  si freq 0307z 09 Nov
LY7M     N2RK   1831.4  579     0307z 09 Nov

[CONFIDENTIALITY AND PRIVACY NOTICE] Information transmitted by this email is
proprietary to Mr. & Mrs. B and is intended for use only by the individual or
entity to which it is addressed, or where ever the hell it ends up, and will
almost certainly contain information that will offend a large portion of the
population, which isn't our concern. If you are not the intended lucky
recipient, or it appears that this mail has been forwarded to you without the
proper authority of the Wizard of Email or Al Gore, you are notified that any
thought, use, or consumption of this email is entirely your choice. In such
case, Bon Appetit....    Note:  A $.02 Internet Tax was charged for receiving
this email and all funds were given to some family somewhere in America or the
U.N....  Have a nice day.