Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna

To: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com>, "Grant Saviers" <grants2@pacbell.net>, "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Beverage Antenna
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2012 08:34:03 -0500
There is no need to tension until its perflecty horizontal; I didnt even do that when running jacketed #12 Copperweld single wire Beverages. Ive had minimal trouble with military telephone wire with a sinewave shape that varies 1-2' over 500-750'. This last storm (Sandy) did require a quick splice of one of the five 2 wire reversibles. After awhile anything that could fall off the trees will and there will be no more problems (-;. The joys of living in the woods compared to an open field. With electric fence insulators nailed into trees the wire is supported but can slide as needed.

Carl
KM1H

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Waters" <mikewate@gmail.com> To: "Grant Saviers" <grants2@pacbell.net>; "topband" <topband@contesting.com>
Sent: Friday, November 09, 2012 10:41 PM

That's a good question. :-)

Maybe it has something to do with the tension each one will stand. I think
that CW or plated steel fence wire will stand a lot more tensioning than
coax.

73, Mike
www.w0btu.com