Re: Topband: Antenna analysers in close proximity to BC station.

To: 160 reflector <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: Antenna analysers in close proximity to BC station.
From: Russ Tobolic <erusst@yahoo.com>
Date: Sat, 3 Nov 2012 07:52:44 -0700 (PDT)
I have a 2KW ERP station at 1480KHz 1.5 mi north of me and a 20KW ERP at 1300
KHz south of me .  With that combination my MFJ-259B is TOTALLY useless on 160.
 I bought the $100 MFJ-731 filter and the 259B was then "almost" TOTALLY
useless.  Wrapping a $100 bill around my vertical's base loading would have had
the same effect. The MFJ filter is now good at attracting dust on the shelf for
the last 5 years.  Now using the LP-100 which works fine.

Russ, N3CO