Re: Topband: How to hear through static crashes?

To: "Brian Mattson" <k8bhz@hughes.net>, <Topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: How to hear through static crashes?
From: "ZR" <zr@jeremy.mv.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2012 12:20:31 -0400
One of the best receivers made for noisy bands is the RCA designed pre WW2
USN RAK/RAL pair.

Regen design with 2 TRF stages and a rather unique audio AVC/Limiter and
excellent audio selectivity for CW.

I use a RAK at times to cruise MF and LF when the static is too much for the
HRO-500/LF-10 and a RAL for some vintage rig CW.

Havent given it any consideration for 160 so thats been added to the
list...move the 70# RAL and 41# PS to somewhere I can fit it (-;

Carl