Re: Topband: The East Coast Advantage

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The East Coast Advantage
From: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 15:35:49 -0700 (PDT)
Gosh, I would doubt it's to equalize anything; I sure didn't view it that way.

>From my perspective, the delta in starting hours means:
   - Have to leave work earlier
   - Band is dead to East Coast at the contest start time (2 or 3pm local!).
   - East Coast gets solid Friday, Saturday, and Sunday twilight/evenings
   (Contest ends here at 4 or 5pm local)

I'm not complaining, because I could go operate somewhere else; I try as hard
as I can from where I am. However, I don't see how this makes anything more
'fair' for this side of the country.

I do want to try a 160m contest from the East Coast sometime.

Brian N9ADG/7