Re: Topband: The East Coast Advantage

To: "topband@contesting.com" <topband@contesting.com>, Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: Topband: The East Coast Advantage
From: Brian Moran <brianmo@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 2009 11:45:13 -0700 (PDT)
The recent changes to a couple of 160m contests, starting them 2 hours earlier
(when we west coast guys are at work, or at least capable of sitting in
tanning-strength sunlight), also favors the east coast.  Some distance-based
scoring system would help to even-up the scoring differential, but I'm not sure
I'd want to diminish the charm of the Stew by making these larger contests like
it.

The west coast folks are voting with their feet and their power switches -- and
one can always go to a more radio-friendly clime.

Brian N9ADG/7