Re: Topband: Technology "QSO's"

To: btippett@alum.mit.edu, topband@contesting.com
Subject: Re: Topband: Technology "QSO's"
From: K1ZM@aol.com
Date: Sun, 13 Nov 2005 11:59:04 EST
Bill's got it right I think.

1) I do have to hear my call
2) I do have to hear the report
3) I like to know the other fellow got it right too

But, the use of technology to help make that happen is not inappropriate in
my opinion.

To me QRSS CW qso's that can be seen and not heard may be quite valid -
especially on 137Khz - but for me, that is not something I would enjoy.  I
want
to hear it happen and be an active participant in the process.

I really abhor a MACHINE doing most of the work for me.

I am not saying that is wrong necessarily either - but it does not appeal  to
me really - and that's a personal preference - not a slam against QRSS
really.

Since it is so damned hard on 160m to do some of this stuff - well,  anything
that can IMPROVE my ability to make some of these difficult contacts on
incredibly difficult paths and create the OPPORTUNITY to optimize a short
window
where such a QSO can take place - is something that I think is an  ASSET and
should be utilized, when possible.

73 JEFF

_K1ZM@aol.com_ (mailto:K1ZM@aol.com)