Re: Topband: 160m int L

Subject: Re: Topband: 160m int L
From: "i4jmy@iol.it" <i4jmy@iol.it>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:50:10 +0100
Sinisa,

also I don?t like L unsymmetry, but what do you mean for an inverted T?
Upper of the loading horizontal wires, the horizontal section of the inverted
T, currents are low and radiated energy is very small.

Stated a total wire length, the Rr of an inverted L will depend also by
proportions between vertical and horizontal sections. Lower the Rr, lower have
to be the ground losses to keep high the efficiency.
It?s worth to point out that Rr and impedance at feed point are two different
things.
Feeding an inverted L at a certain height from ground it?s possible to find out
no reactance and also to use a step up transformer to match, but Rr and
efficiency remain exactly the same.

73,
Mauri I4JMY