RE: Topband: 160m int L

To: "wa7vni" <wa7vni@dayshaw.net>
Subject: RE: Topband: 160m int L
From: "i4jmy@iol.it" <i4jmy@iol.it>
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2004 17:22:22 +0100
That antenna is basically an upside down GP with two radials, and it works fine
if the radials are quite high above the ground, and if the vertical section is
¼ WL.
Opposite to an inverted L the horizontal wires does not load the vertical
section which must be ¼ wave long.
The other critical point of this antenna is the feed line, that should run away
normal to the horizontal wires and not to couple with vertical section.
I used such kind of antenna some 20 years ago with good results. A practical
approach is to slope some 45° the vertical section, like is done with a
classical ¼ WL slooper system.
All considered, anyway, if having two or 3 poles able to hung so high from
ground the horizontal sections, then some phased verticals (i.e. two wire T
verticals ) are possible, and is preferable to deal with radials, comfortably,
at ground level.

73,
Mauri I4JMY