TopBand: BY1QH

To: <topband@contesting.com>
Subject: TopBand: BY1QH
From: W0AH@aol.com (W0AH)
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 12:23:36 EST
Thank you Price and Merv for your dedicated 160M operation!   And a new one!
This morning conditions were FB.  You were peaking S6, two S-units above the
noise on my S-meter.  I was using the 90' top-loaded vertical for transmit and
receive.  Monday morning you were S3, barely perceptible at times.  I was out
of town Saturday and Sunday, VHF hilltopping.  Friday morning you were peaking
S4 here, barely Q5 at times.  Thursday morning, your first operation, I think,
you were peaking S5, one S-unit above my noise.  I was calling you 1/2 KHz or
more above the pile-up, not realizing you had so many birdies, etc. and would
be listing only 2 KHz up.  Let's hope this morning's conditions continue for
you and that our worthy brethern, especially those to the east, get in the
log.
Doug  W0AH