Re: [TenTec] computer CW my Argonaut V???

To: tentec@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TenTec] computer CW my Argonaut V???
From: Robert & Linda McGraw K4TAX <RMcGraw@Blomand.Net>
Date: Sun, 23 May 2004 15:40:15 -0500
Can't specifically say about the Argonaut V but.......... in doing high
speed CW for meteor scatter I use a piece of software to specifically
generate and receive such.  To that end the audio INs and audio OUTs of the
Omni VI+ or Paragon II for that matter are connected to the respective Line
OUT and Line IN on the sound card.  No interface required.  Just good
shielded audio cable with proper connectors.  I operate the radio in USB
under VOX control and out comes CW.

I'll try it with MixW in the CW mode and see how it behaves. I'd expect it
to work quite well at "low speed" CW.  I can say that MixW seems to copy
good machine or keyer generated CW quite well. On the other hand, a sloppy
fist is a sloppy fist and it's just plain hard to copy.

73
Bob, K4TAX