[SECC] More in common than different

Subject: [SECC] More in common than different
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Tue, 3 Oct 2006 20:59:39 -0400
On Oct 2, 2006, at 12:21 PM, Gordon wrote:

> Let's not write 10 and 15 off just yet.  I remember two years ago
> at Field
> Day when 15 was wild until midnight here in Macon.  10 Meters
> worked fine up
> until about 10:30 Sat night.

In 2004, NQ4I allowed me to captain the 10m station during CQWW
Phone. We had done very well the previous year, but believed that
propagation might not be there, since the cycle was winding down.

Well, we did quite well, with over 1400 Qs. In 2005, in the same
contest, not even 300, which is more consistent with the sunspot low

In the August NAQP, I heard a lonely XE1KK calling CQ on 10m when I
did a quick scan of the band at 2045z, long after it appeared to have
closed. I was rewarded with an extra mult for my trouble.

Bottom line: you never can tell what the bands will do.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901