[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

Subject: [SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC
From: aa4lr at arrl.net (Bill Coleman)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 23:11:50 -0400
On Sep 25, 2006, at 5:58 PM, Dan/W4NTI wrote:

> And how far into the usual
> CW band were you? It is indeed a two way street.
> 40 is way too crowded.

It should get better here by 2009, when 7000-7200 kHz is a worldwide
allocation. That will give room for SSB to move up above 7100 kHz,
and leave a place for RTTY and CW to split the remainder.

It's kinda funny. One the one hand, you want the RTTY guys to move up
out of the "usual" CW band, but also complained they were QRMing
folks in the Region 1 SSB band. Where, exactly, would you have them go?

I stayed out of the SSB portion. On 40m, I don't think I got above
7050. I did listen with the headphones the whole time, and I tried to
keep my RTTY tones off of the usual CW watering holes of 7040 (where
there's lots of crystal controlled rigs), 7030 and a couple of other
frequencies.

I agree about 30m. It's a great band. I hear a lot of CW there, not
much RTTY.

Bill Coleman, AA4LR, PP-ASEL        Mail: aa4lr at arrl.net
             -- Wilbur Wright, 1901