[SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC

Subject: [SECC] Notes on 40 and SAC
From: jt.w6fo at gmail.com (JT Croteau)
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:02:43 -0400
I think Fred says it well.

I'm also an active QRP'er and fan of CW but very active now with RTTY.
 The die hard CW fanatics on QRP-L the past few days have been
painfully whining about "loosing THEIR frequencies" during this
contest.  What many fail to realize is that the QRP calling frequency
on 40 is 7040 which also happens to be the RTTY DX calling frequency.

As a contester, especially a RTTY contester, the op needs to establish
his own rules in addition to the rules set by the contest.  For
example, one of mine, because I am also an active QRP'er, is to avoid
using the QRP calling frequencies altogether.

--
 JT Croteau - W6FO - Canton, GA
 ARS #2,147 | NoGA-QRP | SEDXC | SECC | ARRL